Doctrine of Man Summary
Man was made in the image & likeness of God. This is a table that summarizes the attributes of God and compares them to the attributes of men in our various spiritual states:
1. Innocent (the way Adam & Eve were before the original sin)
2. Natural Man (the state of unredeemed mankind - the image of God corrupted by the sin nature)
3. Carnal Man (redeemed mankind who is still caught up in the world)
4. Spiritual Man (redeemed mankind who is transformed by the Spirit of Christ with a mind stayed upon Christ)
5. Glorified Man (mankind delivered into the presence of God in eternity with a new glorified body unstained by a sin nature)
Scripture references are provided.
This table has been used in a variety of different studies where spiritual maturity plays a role. It has also been used as a basic study on the doctrine of man. Feel free to use it as you see fit.
Our Ministry in India has provided a version in Telugu.
MATTHEW 25:34-40 Ministries (Christ Fellowship Church)
File:2 God-Man Contrast